Auto Locksmiths Melbourne
AUTO LOCKSMITHS MELBOURNE
Do you remember when you could head down to the hardware store and have a key cut for your car or truck? Now days it is not so simple, increasing insurance rates from rising auto theft has forced that automotive manufacturers to make changes to the way we start our vehicles.
This means that replacing your key is no longer an easy task. With many vehicles employing a vehicle immobilizer that is matched to a chip in your car or truck, it requires car key reprogramming to replace a key for a modern vehicle. This means that replacing your keys at a dealership can cost you hundreds of dollars.
These are just a few of the services that we can provide:
- If you have lost your car keys we can replace both the keys and transponder unit using a duplicate key or vehicle manufacturer codes. Often times the vehicles VIN number is enough for us to obtain the information we need from the manufacturer
- If you have locked your keys in your car St Kilda Locksmiths have a professional set of tools and are skilled at quickly entering the vehicle without damaging anything
- If your key is broken off in the door or ignition lock, we can remove the broken key and cut a new one. In some situations we may have to refit or replace the transponder unit
- If your door locks are broken or the boot lock won’t close or open, we can repair or replace them so that they work with your original keys. If your central locking system has malfunctioned we can repair and reprogram the entire system
- If your ignition lock has failed we can replace the part and recode it to work with existing keys